Friday 19 December 2008

Relief.

Whew! The first semester is officially over, and it didn't take more than two hours for me to finally accept that I'm feeling fatigued and need to make time to relax in the coming weeks. We're going to get our Christmas meals planned and shopped for this weekend, so we can coast through next week once my folks arrive. 

I so desperately want to make gingerbread people with Kaj, I asked a class of 3rd graders the other day had a gingerbread-person-shaped cookie cutter. To my amazement, one of them brought one in for me to borrow the next day. Sometimes it pays to be an elementary teacher!

Kaj has become an expert at stall tactics this week, particularly when it relates to bedtime. Since he now uses the toilet during the day when we're around the house, he is very tuned in to going to the bathroom before going to bed and the delay that this causes. I was quite entertained when Kaj requested this evening, "Mommy turn on Charlie Brown Christmas music. Charlie Brown music help Kaj go potty."

Dinner time...more later. :)

No comments: